Different financial services providers have introduced numerous ways to make payment easier for their consumers; as such, consumers can thereby pay for goods and services based on their promise to pay for them. In that regard, the issuer of a credit card creates a revolving account and grants a line of credit to the consumer from which the user can borrow money for payment to a merchant.
Worth noting is that a credit card enables consumers a continuing balance of debt, subject to interest being charged.
Giant financial firm, Absa is among the institutions which offer this type of facility; through Absa’s credit cards, consumers have the convenience of accessing money any time they want. The firm has an assortment of credit cards and clients have the privilege to choose a credit card which best suits them.
You can choose from any of the following credit cards:
- Student credit card: To qualify for this credit card, you must be a full-time registered student with a valid ID and proof of residence. You should be earning a monthly income of R200; no monthly charges are charged on service fee and no transaction fee on purchases. Clients will also get a lost card protection in the event of losing their credit card.
- Transact credit card: A transact credit card requires you to have a monthly income of R2000 for you to apply; you must be 18 years or older, have a valid ID and a proof of residence is also required. This facility is suitable for people who are applying for a credit card for the first time. This card can be used to purchase fuel and holders can get benefits such as free monthly eStatements and basic travel insurance.
- Affinity credit card: You must 18 years or older, earning a monthly salary of R4 000, have proof of residence and have a valid ID. To apply for this card, you don’t need an existing Absa account and benefits include linked garage and secondary cards.
- Gold credit card: To apply for this credit card, you need a monthly income of R4000, you have to 18 years or older, have a proof of residence and a valid ID. Some of the benefits that you get upon acquiring this credit card are automatic basic travel insurance, free secondary card and free monthly eStatements. You also get discounted Bidvest airport lounge access in terminal within South Africa.
- Titanium credit cards: This credit card requires people who earn a monthly income of R2000 and one should be 18 years of age and more. A valid ID and proof of residence are required. Benefits that you get are 57 days interest free on qualifying purchases and 24 hr access to Absa online, cell phone banking and telephone banking. Clients will get exclusive access to a range of Titanium MasterCard.
- Platinum Credit card: This card is Absa’s most esteemed credit card; a client should earn a monthly income of R25 000 to qualify. You should be 18 years or older, must have a proof of residence and a valid ID. Benefits that you get from this facility include discounted Bidvest airport lounge access in terminal within South Africa and secondary cards at no cost.
For more information regarding Absa credit cards, you can visit their website on www.absa.co.za or alternatively call Absa on 0861 1144 11.