Funeral insurance is a vital part of any budget. The rising costs of living are equally matched by the cost of burials nowadays. Leaving loved ones with the security of knowing that there are sufficient funds to pay for funeral costs is a consideration at the top of many people’s minds. This is why getting funeral cover has become increasingly important.
It offers peace of mind and individuals can get cover for immediate as well as extended family.
The good news is that nowadays you can get funeral cover from an array of financial service providers – such as banks.
One such institution is Standard Bank. With a 154-year history in South Africa, Standard Bank offers clients a wide range of financial services, including a funeral plan.
Tell me more about the Standard Bank Funeral Plan?
- With the Standard Bank Funeral Planyou get assistance with burial arrangements as well as discounted rates from partner funeral parlours.
- 6 months free cover following the death of the main policy holder.
- Access to psychological counselling in the event of a death.
- Medical discount coupons from Medirite Pharmacies.
- R10 000 cover is available for R40 per month.
- R30 000 cover is available for R95 per month.
- R50 000 cover is available for R130 per month.
- The main insured and their spouse can be covered for R30 000 at a monthly premium of R188.
With the Standard Bank Funeral Lite plan, individuals can get R7000 cover for the main insured and their spouse for R44 per month. The main insured also get a free grocery benefit of R800 per month for 6 months.
Claims must be submitted within 12 months of the death of the insured person. Approved claims are paid out within 48 hours if all correct documentation has been provided.
To contact Standard Bank, call: 0860 123 999
For more information about the Standard Bank Funeral Plan visit www.standardbank.co.za