Buying a car in South Africa, can be one of the most costly things you’ll do in your lifetime. Cars are expensive in South Africa, which means that most people can’t afford to buy one using cash upfront. Most people choose to buy their car by using a car finance option.
The rule of thumb is that the car should be no more than 30% of your annual gross salary and your monthly car costs no more than 10%.
While Capitec Car Finance isn’t offered by the bank, a personalised credit solution is offered.
The bank offers credit of up to R250 000, with a flexible repayment term of 84 months. The loan may provide enough to buy a car.
To get access to finance from Capitec, you can complete an online application by visiting www.capitecbank.co.za
You get to benefit from fixed monthly repayments, giving you an easy way to budget each month, because you know exactly how much you’ll be repaying every month.
The money is available immediately in your transactions/savings account as soon as you’ve been approved.
Retrenchment and death cover is included, ensuring that the loan is paid off should these unfortunate events occur.
What you need to apply:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide a valid South African ID
- Provide original proof of residence
- Provide your latest salary slip
- Provide your latest 3 month bank statement
What to keep in mind:
- You can get flexible repayment periods to suit your budget.
- You can work out a finance plan and budget accordingly.
- Your car may be worth very little by the time it’s paid for, so it may seem like a waste of money.
- You should have a clear idea of the type of car that you want as well as what you can afford to buy.