First National Bank, popularly known as FNB, is making mammoth strides with the thrust of increasing its clientele base. The financial firm competes with other big banks likes Standard Bank, Nedbank and ABSA; as such, the bank has employed a number of services tailor made for different clients. Such initiatives have seen the giant firm introducing a low-cost Easy Account – a financial facility that is linked to a Savings Pocket which offers interest of up to 2.75% depending on the account balance.
With this account, clients are able to purchase using a card at no cost, withdraw free cash on the till at any retail outlet like Shoprite, Checkers, PEP, Boxer, Pick n Pay and some selected Spar stores.
It is important to outline the features offered by this product because no one will go for a product without knowing how it will benefit him. Here’s to what FNB’s Easy Account will offer you:
- A cheapest bank account in SA
- You can bank from R4.95 per month
- Free card swipes in store
- Free cash withdrawals in store from participating Checkers, Shoprite, Pick n Pay and Boxer stores
- Free Linked Savings Account (Savings Pocket)
- Free cell phone Banking and Online Banking Subscriptions
- Free SMS transaction notifications
- Earn interest on the money in your linked Savings Account (savings Pocket)
- An easy Account Gold Visa card
Apart from these features, this facility will enable you to conduct some of the following aspects:
- Use cell phone banking or FNB ATMs to make transfers and account payments, buy airtime and send money (to register for cellphone banking dial *120*321#
- Withdraw free cash at Checkers, Shoprite, Pick n Pay and Boxer stores
- Pay for your shopping using your card at no extra cost
- Real time cash deposits 24/7 at FNB ATM Advance with or without a FNB card
- Open the account at any FNB branch
To apply for this account, the bank requires the following:
- You should be 16 or older
- Have an ID and proof of address (no older than three months)
- Make regular salary or wage deposits into your account
To apply, simply visit any FNB branch. For more information pertaining the above information, FNB can be contacted on 0861 733 359.