Among the range of banking solutions offered by First National Bank (FNB) is private vehicle finance. FNB realises understands that people want to have choice when it comes to how they want to buy their cars. For this reason, the bank offers various vehicle finance options, such as instalment sale agreements, lease sale agreements, dealership finance as well as private vehicle finance.
Instalment sale – This type of finance is best suited to individuals who wish to retain ownership of the vehicle
Lease Agreement – This type of vehicle provides clients with uninterrupted use of a vehicle rather than ownership of the vehicle.
Private Vehicle Finance – It allows you to buy or sell a vehicle privately. The bank allows you to finance a vehicle up to 20 years old.
How the FNB Private Vehicle Finance process works:
A personalised interest rate is offered and immediate feedback is provided after application. You have a choice between a fixed or variable interest rate linked to prime.
- Buyer and seller agree on terms of the sale
- Buyer applies for finance online or telephonically
- Once the finance is approved, documents are required
- The contract is then prepared
- TitleGuard contacts the seller with a list of requirements
- Documents must then be faxed or emailed to Wesbank
- The documents are verified
- The seller is paid
- The vehicle is registered by Wesbank
To qualify for FNB Private Vehicle Finance, you need to:
- Be permanently employed
- Be at least 18 years old with a driving licence
- Earn at least R6000 a month
- Have a clear credit record
What documents are required?
- Proof of income
- A signed declaration in accordance with the National Credit Act
- A valid South African ID
- A valid South African driving licence
- Proof of registration
- Application for certification of roadworthiness
- Application for licensing of motor vehicle
- Application in respect of licence number for motor vehicles
- Notification of change of ownership and sale of motor vehicle
For more information, visit www.fnb.co.za