Home ownership is a good investment, so it should be at the top of your list to make sure that you do what you can to protect this asset. There are many insurance companies that offer home insurance policies to help homeowners protect the large purchase they’ve made.
To make sure that you’re getting value for money you generally want to weigh factors such as price, customer service and claims processing.
What to look for in Home Insurance Companies:
- Start by making a list of your personal requirements in terms of your needs
- Don’t let the price blind you- make sure that your insurance needs are going to be met
- The insurance company must have a good track record
- You need to make sure that you compare the benefits that the companies offer
- Compare the excess amounts
- You want service excellence and a reliable company. Make sure that you find a home insurance company that is a registered financial services provider and that subscribes to the Short Term Insurance Act.
Some of the most popular home Insurance Companies in South Africa:
MiWay– where you can buy Home Insurance Online
Santam – you can use their online risk calculator or arrange for a professional assessment to determine the current replacement value of the contents of your house. With additional benefits offered at no extra cost, Santam is a market leader. This benefit provides cover for accidental breakage of mirrors and certain glass inside your house. You also get cover for damage caused to your property caused by wild monkeys or baboons.
King Price– This insurance provider offers Home Contents insurance, also known as Household insurance, which covers you for items that belong to you and members of your household that are stolen or damaged at your home or outbuildings.