With Capitec you can get long-term personalised credit of up to R250 000, a multi loan for daily needs or apply for a home loan by SA Home Loans. Here is what they offer:
Up to R250 000 cash over 84 months based on your affordability and credit profile.
A monthly Capitec loan of up to R4 000 for daily needs, emergencies or unplanned expenses.
R100 000 to R5 million over 240 months from SA Home Loans.
How to qualify
If you answer ‘Yes’ to all of the following questions, you could qualify for credit:
- Are you 18 years or older?
- Do you have a recent bank statement and salary slip/pension letter?
- Are you employed (not self-employed) or do you earn a pension?
- Have you been with your current employer for longer than 2 months?
- Do you earn a salary (not just commission) which is paid into your bank account?
- You haven’t been handed over, sequestered or placed under debt review/administration?
- Self-employed? If you determine your own salary and payment date, you unfortunately don’t fall within our credit-granting policy.
Credit comparison tips
- Look at the total repayment amount over the full term
- While the interest rate is an important factor, don’t let it be the only one
- Understand the fees (once-off initiation fee and monthly service fee) and consider credit insurance (we offer this free on loans 6 months or longer)
In just over 10 years, Capitec Bank has gone from a small micro lending start up to a major competitor in the South African banking sector. This company is regarded as the market leader when it comes to attracting first-time banking customers and middle-to-low income earners