What is Masterpass?
Masterpass Wallet is a digital wallet service that makes online shopping safe, easy and convenient. Available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden, Singapore, Israel, Italy, Australia and most recently, South Africa, Masterpass offers consumers a simple solution.
It stores all your payment and shipping information in one central, secure location. This is a factor that is very important to a number of consumers worldwide. With an increase in the amount of phishing scandals, people are less trusting of the online shopping experience. Masterpass has been developed as a way to counter this trend, by making it easier to shop online safely.
Introduced in 2013 at the Mobile World Congress, Masterpass Wallet can be used on an Android, iPhone, Windows or Blackberry 10 handset.
As the world migrates to a more technologically-advanced existence, more people are changing the way that they shop and conduct their daily financial business. Masterpass is a technological innovation that aims to make the online shopping experience much simpler for consumers. The introduction to the South African market has been designed to give consumers in this country more options when it comes to how they transact online.
How Masterpass Wallet works:
- Download the app from the app store onto your android mobile device
- Choose the one issued by your bank
- Open the app on your phone and enter your bank card data as requested
- Scan the QR code or manually enter the code displayed on the merchant’s website
- It’s important to make sure that you download a certified Masterpass app only, in order to ensure best results
- Your PIN should only be entered into your own phone
- There are no fees are charges to use the service
- You can add credit, debit and cheque cards from MasterCard, Maestro and Visa