Taxis that have been repossessed don’t need to just stand there. Make the most out of this opportunity to buy a taxi at a discounted price, compared to brand new vehicles. If you can get a loan, you’ll have SA taxi finance for repossessed cars available to purchase a used vehicle.
You’ll usually get the following benefits:
- 6 Month warranties included on all pre-owned vehicles
- When you buy a taxi from a dealer, you have the assurance that it has gone through strict quality checks
- Because you’ll buy from a dealer who specialise in the taxi industry, they can support you in all aspects of your taxi business, including finance and insurance.
- As a taxi operator, you can visit various dealers to have a look at all the vehicles up for sale, and save on costs by purchasing a second hand vehicle over a new one.
You can also obtain finance to buy a repossessed car with finance from the bank. Buying a repossessed taxi at an auction can be a thrilling experience. On the plus side, vehicles are offered at wholesale prices and you can get a fantastic deal if you have done your homework before bidding. On the down side, all cars are sold “voetstoots”, which means no guarantees or warranties apply, but if you are able to spot a good deal, a real bargain can be had!
- Find two or three cars that interest you before you go; and do your homework on comparative prices for these cars.
- Set a budget before you go to the auction. It is very easy to get caught up in the excitement and bid too much on a car you think you want.
- Your best bet would be to attend an auction or two before you go and become an active bidder so that you get a feel for the processes involved.