If you’re a parent to a teenager and you’re considering getting him/her a car, you might want to consider ways to get the cheapest car insurance for teenage drivers.
The reality is that car insurance coverage for teen drivers can be terribly expensive.
It’s so expensive because teens are a huge risk for car insurance companies.
Tips on how to get the cheapest car insurance for teenage drivers:
- It’s important to compare prices and to look for discounts.
- Keep in mind that one combine policy saves money.
- You can encourage your teen to take an advanced driving course.
- By adding the name of an older, more experienced driver to the policy, premiums may be reduced.
- You should also keep in mind that the more valuable and powerful the car your teen is driving, the more it will cost to insure. Rather opt for a safer car.
- Secure the car with additional security features and you are likely to get cheap car insurance. By adding security features to your car you can reduce the chances of it being stolen
- Steer clear of car modifications. Cars with modifications are considered to be more of a risk to car insurance providers.
- Pay your premiums annually rather than monthly. You’re likely to save more in this way.
- Consider increasing your excess. It’s essentially what you agree to pay before the insurance company settles the rest of your claim. It’s often regarded as “the first amount payable”. In the case of car insurance, it is a contribution you are required to pay towards a claim you make on your car insurance policy.
- By opting for a higher voluntary excess you can lower your premium. You must be able to afford your voluntary excess