Since overcoming the brutalities of apartheid in 1994, South Africa has grown steadily over the years to become one of the biggest economies on the African continent. Without a doubt, the ANC-led government has had its hands full. Running a country smoothly often requires a lot of hard work, commitment and dedication from its citizens. For this to happen, government must be able to rely on the country’s citizens to be able to contribute to the efficient and effective running of government departments.
The South African government offers a number of vacancies within the numerous departments it governs.
While the Gauteng province is renowned as the economic hub of the country, the Western Cape is also one of the best-run and most economically-active provinces in South Africa.
The Provincial Strategic Plan includes goals to:
- Create opportunities for growth and jobs
- Improve education outcomes and opportunities for youth development
- Increase wellness and safety and tackle social ills
A number of Western Cape government vacancies are available through this portal: www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs
Steps to follow when searching for Western Cape government vacancies:
- Make sure that you meet all the requirements and prepare your documents.
- Register or login to the jobs system
- Complete and submit the job application form before the closing date
- All applicants are reviewed and shortlisted after the closing date.
- If you’ve been shortlisted, you’ll be invited to an interview (within 90 days)
- Fill in a Z83 form and supply certified copies of your ID and qualifications
- You will be required to attend an interview with a panel
- You may also need to complete an assessment before the interview
- A panel will confer and decide on the ideal candidate
The successful candidate will be offered the position and will have five working days to respond and sign the acceptance letter. If successful, you’ll be able to join the Western Cape government.