eWallet is a simple and convenient money transfer service. Introduced to the South African market by First National Bank (FNB) in 2009, the service has been used more than 700 000 times.
Over R33 billion has been sent since the inception of the mobile money service. R1.2 billion is sent every month and it’s been used by 5 million people.
eWallet allows FNB customers to send money instantly to anyone with a valid South African cellphone number. Sending money is easy and it can be done by using cellphone banking, online banking, the FNB banking app or at an FNB ATM.
The process is simple and convenient:
- Send money from your FNB Account
- Money is transferred securely and immediately
- Recipient receives an SMS after receiving money into the FNB eWallet
The recipient doesn’t need to have an FNB bank account in order to get access to the cash. Once the money has been sent, funds can be withdrawn at any FNB ATM or at selected retailers.
How to use FNB eWallet:
- Login to FNB online banking
- Select the ‘Pay’ tab
- Select the ‘Once off’ tab
- Select an eWallet as the type of recipient you need to pay
- Fill in the details
- Select the ‘From Account’ you wish to use for the payment, as well as the amount
- Select the ‘Pay ‘button
- Review the confirmation screen and edit details or confirm
- Enter your One-Time Pin (OTP) and click ‘Submit’
- Select the finish button to return to the Pay landing page
You can send up to R3000 per day using online banking or the app and R1500 using cellphone banking or an ATM.
The FNB eWallet can hold up to R5000.
It’s simple and convenient. You can send money to individuals who don’t have bank accounts, without any hassles. You can also save on costly bank charges in the process.